Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Unusual Art

I love finding interesting pieces of art for my home. The feeling when someone walks into your house and asks, "Where did you find that? I love it!," you know you have found a keeper. The stranger the better is my motto. I've had the idea for a photo/art mural for my blank and boring living room wall for some time now. While searching the web I stumbled across a couple unique pictures to start the wall off right.

World map by Viva Terra
This tung wood map is made out of three panels. I love the abstract design and imagry. I have a thing for maps. I love to discover new places around the world and a map helps me escape to a far away land. A girl can dream right? This amazing piece will set you back $398. I wish it was a little less expensive.
Viva Terra
Anything that is recycled has got my vote. Reclaimed wood slats always add an interesting look.
Orange & Park
The next three pieces come from a website I stumbled upon via Apartment Therapy. I'm a native southern Cali girl. I love the fact that these pieces list the great beaches in my area and beyond and with a vintage twist. Although, there are a few colors to choose from I love the 1950s esque blue.
Orange & Park

Orange & Park
My stomping grounds
World Market
Subway art is all the rage. Paris we will meet again soon...
CB2
This piece is also reclaimed wood and was hand printed with eco-friendly ink. Birds, although terrifying to me, are so mysterious. They are always lurking. I wonder what they are thinking up there on that wire.


No comments:

Post a Comment